I think I have my map software completely working. If Satan does not insert any more bugs into the source. The big problem I have, is working out what the Presbytery boundaries are. I used the location of churches to help as a starting place. I have only the graphics on the PCUSA website to eye-ball the boundaries.
HELP WANTED: Does anyone have a better description of each presbytery's counties? Some of the Presbytery websites actually list the counties by name.
My software will generate mostly KML files, that can be imported into Google to draw pretty polygons and placemarks. Once I have all of the Presbyteries with the proper counties, I will release the data, with a free license for others to use.
- Files for each presbytery with county outlines
- Files for each presbytery with one outline (merge counties)
- Files for each presbytery with one outline and each Church placemark
- Files for each Synod with presbytery outlines.
- One file with all Synods & presbyteries.
- Files for each state with the county outlines.
- One file with all states outlines.
To make these files, I have the following data files
- Counties with outlines (simplified), state, fips code
- Presbyteries with office location, list of counties
- Churches with geo-location, address, phone, website, sizes, etc.
- Synods withe geo-location, address, phone, website and list of presbyteries.
- Presbytery Outlines (generated)