- Covenant Presbyterian Church of West Lafayette, Indiana M:1,165
- First Presbyterian Church of Frankfort, Indiana M:303
- First Presbyterian Church of Nappanee, Indiana M:205
- Midwest Presbytery of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
- initiated a discernment process in June 2007.
- $975,000 Total?
- The three congregations and the Presbytery of Wabash Valley are planning to hold a joint closing worship service shortly after April 15.
- In the past two years, more than 40 congregations have left.
On the morning of Tuesday, February 17, the Wabash Valley Presbytery voted to approve an agreement allowing Covenant Presbyterian Church to be dismissed from the Presbyterian Church (USA) and to affiliate with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
One-hundred-fifteen delegates at the Presbytery meeting approved the agreement, while two delegates voted against it.
The official dismissal date has not been announced.
Dismissal agreements also were approved for two other Indiana churches; Frankfort First Presbyterian and Nappanee First Presbyterian.
We thank God for His continued faithfulness!