- Trinity Episcopal Church
- First Presbyterian Church
- "maintenance of the sprawling Byzantine-style church [...] is becoming a yolk around the shoulders of a congregation that would rather put its limited resources into keeping worship and music lively."
- FPC needs a new roof and repointing work on the tower hundreds of thousands of dollars
- using savings to cover operating expenses
- In 2010, Trinity also received a grant of $526,796 from the state Environmental Protection Fund to repair or replace the roofs on its three buildings (ED: what? State support of a church?)
Several comments on the story, indicate that they want the state to interfere with how the church operates. The hairs on the back of my neck just stood up.